09 April 2007

First 3Athlon

Abu, Fook, Saiful

My 1st ever triathlon :) unofficial timing 3h 20m

Wake up about 6am, had breakfast, prepare my things, and help transport Adrian, Bernard and Arif bags to the transition area. They will ride to the Transition area with May San as well. Helen will be the official photographer of the day.

At the transition area meet Eugene&wife, Mary, Bacin, Abu, Saiful and Karen. Had my body marked '129' Then i go down to taste the water, not so bad, getting nervouse...

0800 the Gun fired, i try to stay away from the crowd, dont want get kicked, my freestyle still in learning stage to using breast stroke will be more safer. First 100 m was like hell, my google keep getting in with waters and i very worry coz i wearing contact lense, so i stop a the small island to fix it. After that no more problems swam all the way.

0845 only come out from the water, felt like drunked and blur blur, run up to the T1 and my mind cant recall where i put my bike, lucky i remember my number. i took my time, put on my sock, my shoe, take power gel and drink before get on the bike. The ride was not so bad, greet Aini and May San during the ride. Give high 5 to local kids, what an enjoyable ride. Bits of hills manage to draft 2 guys during the last 30mins of the ride.

1015 reach back to T2, take the last power gel and run, follow Bacin for few meters, but then my leg started to cramp...OMG... i had to stop a while and walk, after the cramp was bit ok, manage to start my run, its getting hot, Karen the powerbar girl overtook me, i cant wait to finish the run, left, right, left, right... until i saw the apartment getting nearer and nearer...

1120 Yea, cross the finishing line... took photos with the gangs :)

*need to do more training on the swim...

14 comments:

zebrallini said...

YOU FINISHED!!

well done

princessren said...

wah so so proud of u laaaa... another triathlete from sarawak... my journey is still very very far lagi... i have to learn swimming.. have to jugak.. sigh...

SaifulAzri said...

congrats!! after this u can rawk in miri triathlon pulak!cayalah..

Keipo said...

fook:

wah..u still need to improve swimming ah....cchoo said u very fast leh...salute u kau-kau lat.

Congratulation ya !!

Anonymous said...

well done.. jumpa kat bkt merah ok :)

Anonymous said...

Fook,

Well done man! U did it!! So proud of u!!!

C-CUBE said...

u finally made it, congrats.

Abu Soffian said...

Well Done Fook....maybe Bukit Merah will be my 1st OD triathlon. I'll follow U...hehehe

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! You are the man!! :-p

Must show me the medal this sunday ya...

bola2api said...

good job fook! I was shocked to see u during the bike coz I forgot that u said u were going to A famosa.

hopefully u won't give up n will enter more races after this :)

fook said...

hairul: thanks
princess: mana ada kemahuan, situ a da jalan, slowly la...
saiful: yes will rawk in miri tri
tey: cchoo also good, yes will improve on swim
bacin: hopefully c u kat bukit merah :)
jack: i did it for Miri haha... hopefully can train wit u in future
ccube: thanks
Abu: u boleh punya, janji habis, bukit Merah tak ada join la
Rac: show u the medal this sunday hehe...
Aini: i ingat u lupa i dah... congratulation on finish the ride ya, u also keep training and dont give up :)

Unknown said...

Fook.. simply amazing man! My hats off to you and may you keep on at it! Can't wait to see your picture at the finish of an Ironman one day.

fook said...

Dk, not so soon to be Ironman, then concept still the same, dont give up no matter how hard... hope to see u again in future run :)

RunWitMe said...

Congrats! Well done! Ironman next?