20 June 2006

First 10 km run

18 june 2006, slept at 1:30am wake up ar 4:30am then go for the pj half 10km run, sure die like this, but lucky had my bro and boss torture ourself with the run. this time i ask them to had breakfast( learn from last time mistake), we still duno wat the outcome will be with the furthest run about 3km non stop, again by faith we hope to finish this run under 1 hour 30 mins, our plate number: old blue mini cooper (me)=D0448 SKYLINE GT 34 (bro)=D0451Roll Royce (boss)=D0450
6:45am the run start, we start at last place then over take all those bicycle (slow runner) one by one, at 2km already felt bearing (toe nail) cracked, Roll Royce (boss) let us go ahead coz he wan to enjoy his ride, run at steady pace untill the one and only PETRONAS (water station), fill up with the new PRIMAX3 (100plus), then run untill the motorola bridge, when climbing the bridge SKYLINE GT 34 (brother) kick in his 1st nitro (power) up the hill, 'wan lau' climb hill already hard he somemore use his nitro (power) but i dint coz the suspension (leg) start to felt heavy, nevermind still push on... 'ur body still can do it dont let ur mind give up first on u' i told myself, at 5km i catch up with SKYLINE GT 34 (brother) but my ball joint (shoulder) hurts, really had no idea why running it will had pain! so i just pin my hand on my waist to relief the stress , about 7km i can felt oil leaked (blister on my toe) and my suspension (knee) about to give out, so torturing... but i told myself 'i come very far i cant stop now, must go on... just few more turn will finish' lying to myself but to encourage myself : at about 8km my engine (stomach pain) problem come... Hiaz! this is killing me, i had to slow down by following safety car (uncle) pace, but my SKYLINE GT 34 (brother) kick in his second nitro untill i only can see his tail light (butt) from far, when i saw the stadium 'ya hoo' so happy then i kick in my only nitro(power) to the stadium enterance thinking the finish line was at then enterance, turn out the finish line is at the other side of the football field, wat the f*@#, what to do? look so near but yet so far, nitro (power) also finished, drag my half attached suspension (leg) around the stadim track until then finish line... so relief... i was at place number 179, SKYLINE GT 34(brother) at place number 170 about 1 minute split time, the timing was about 1 hour,at least under 1 hours 30 mins very encouraging! at the end of the run got chance to take photo with those excotic car like ferrari(ronnie)and lamborgini, porsche, lotus, BMW, mercedes, etc...(all pacemaker families)
sometimes wondering why i wan torture myself like this??? knowing this old mini cooper (me) cant perform well with alot problem but still wan to join the race. will work hard to upgrade to the new model mini cooper in future... but for this few day cannot run need to bring my cooper for servicing oil leak (toe blister) :P

3 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

congrats! keep it up. make sure you send your car in for regular servicing (ie run regularly) and you definitely will improve wan!

fook said...

thanks DR. will do more servicing at 5k & 10k, if can will upgrade the turbo timer(watch) and sport rim(shoe) when got sponsor haha... see u in penang bridge :)

princessren said...

congratulations... u just keep on running and never quit okay. hope to see u on a race day someday ;D and good luck in penang...