05 November 2006

Bidor Half Marathon 2006

I was asked to put this PM1&21 compulsary photo

Thank to Lai, who fetch me and Grace to Bidor this morning, he very kc until cannot sleep, so must be very tired driving, but after PR 1'47.34 sure can sleep well tonight.
The Half Marathon run start at 7am sharp, my body still cold, even i try to warm it by jogging, so try to run at comfortable pace at the beginning, 1km into the run i was not comfortable, my clave was feeling tight, then slpit chin pain on both legs, but i think what the hell? as long i still can run i will run, few minutes into the run, my big toe felt numb, ar... dint care just keep on running, ran through chinese cementary on my left, and all the way was cooling and under shade of trees, after the 1st 'u' turn, i grab a drink and continue on, Sim smoke me around 6km, it was all flat road, until the 9km then i had to turn right and go up hills, and reach the 10km water station, by this time all my pain was gone, i saw my watch it was 54m24'32, but i know still had half of the distances to go and it got hills, but i dont know how many hills, just do it! now the sun had shine and getting hotter very minutes, try to stay in shade as much as possible, dont want get over heated, as i ran i saw 10 km running at the opposite direction, greeted Wendy(9th in 10km) and Rachal, now blister start to bugging me, i told myself dont think about it but keep on running, untill the 15km water station and make another 'u' turn, i drink 2 cup of 100plus and grab a bottle of water and bring it with me, now the uphill thing is like going forever, never stop, run run run... until i had to stop at a bridge where underneat it was highway, i cant take it, stomach felt uncomfortable, i throw up maybe drinking too much water, felt better now and continue running, at 1km turning saw Ronnie(5th 10km) standing there chatting with volunteer, he told me still 1 km to go, so i grab a drink and keep on running, i know its getting near, can i make it in sub 2? just do my best, control my pace, not too ran too fast and blow myself, run run run... into the last tuning and saw the finishing line, saw Rachal, Sim and Lai cheering for me, so turbo to the finishing line, stop my watch. 1h58m52'92. Then saw Dk come to the finishing line, we was shouting and cheering for him, few minutes later Grace came to the finishing line, we cheering for her also. Grace Timing: 2h5m'20 (10th)*not fair she get throphy somemore!

10 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

congrats! there, you did it! now refocus back to SG in a few weeks time. rest more from now onwards

Boon Haw said...

Wa sai!! Sub 2 man!! Some more so difficult terrain!! Congrats!

Keipo said...

fook...really salute u effort and pia spirit liao...sin full ,run a good show oh...!!!

Unknown said...

Well done man! You are officially my inspiration now. You truly have the PMs pia spirit! Good luck for Singapore next.

C-CUBE said...

f00k 2 r0Ck singapore marathon; sub5 is no big deal; sub4:30 can be achieve with pia kau2 lat spirit, the rest is up to YOU....

krunner said...

Great Job. It is just a matter of time before you run sub 1hr 55 min.

fook said...

dr: u prove ur point, lsd make leg stronger even i add speed in run the leg still can take it.

sim: thanks man for smoking me in the race, but u encourage me very much in the race.

tey: thanks to u coz u help me run through hard time during lsd, i always remember ur advise 'when chance come never waste it'

dk: pai sie pai sie, now i have to train more since u eye on me haha...

ccube: better go safe in singapore, aim sub5, any other is bonus, thanks for last few week lsd, else i wont improve endurance and mind set.

krunner: Thanks,sub 1:55? *glup* hopefully in next 21km.

Wendy said...

gong hei gong hei

princessren said...

wow.. wat a beautiful2 medal. hv to do this next yr..

fook said...

wendy: gong hei to u also, do sub1 in 10km

princess: yea u should join next year!