03 July 2006

First 21km run

2 July 2006
Ipoh International Run

i wan to specially thanks to Jason, wan lin, say li, miew, roh wen and grace, i really had a fun times with u guys in ipoh, hope to have trips with u guys again! gonna miss Roh Weh who will working in Singapore soon,
during online registration i register for 10km, but last minute before collecting bid i change to 21km coz being encourage(cheated) by wan lin to try the 21km, the good thing is i get to run 21km, the bad thing is i dont get any t-shirt coz it consider as new registration, i dint wear the t-shirt anyway,
i wake up at 4:45 am, then watch world cup match before taking breakfast, this is first time to run 21km, they advise me to take banana so will had more power wo, and since the day before ate alot and nothing coming out during toilet session, i just scare will need to do big business during run! thanks to Jason coz he give me a Power Gel, very encouraging to me :) ,
we head to the Ipoh padang at 5:45am, when there apply some heat rub since its free! do some streaching and warming up, then we are put into kandang, when the kandang open all run to the starting point.
about 6:45am we go off, my plan was go slower than 6mins pace so can run longer, i was pacing with Grace, her pace was about 6m30s, first 5km run comfort pace with her but so thirsty, when reach 5km water mark we so happy run to get water, i keep telling myself to enjoy the run and not pushing so hard in the beginning, coz i wan finish the run and i dont wan walk to the finishing line,
at 10km mark i saw my watch it was about 1hour 6m, then i told myself the run had just begin... coz my longest run was at 11.5km , at the water station Grace taking her power gel but i dint, i thought reserve it until 15km water station, during the run have water sponging station to help me keep cool from the sun, at 11km mark Grace signal me to go ahead, so i increase my pacing and go play potong potong,
at 15km mark they gave me a power gel, now i had 2 power gel! but consume 1 only, at 16 mark start slowing down coz the leg felt heavy,guess my leg wasnt ready for run over 16km, but keep on running, at about 17km my hand start to cramp, never felt like this before... but today never felt any pain on shoulder and no pain stomach :) once stop to massage the calve coz very painful, but when stop i felt like falling down, my leg felt like jelly for the first time in my life! very scary,
today really 'pia kau kau lat' especially the last 2km, feel like very long... the leg really really tired, but i told myself had to push on, its near, normally 2km can take 12-14 minutes if slow jog, but now it seem like take 1 hour for it! really feel like giving up, but remember ronnie advise, dont pamper yourself too much, dont stop when little pain come, hey but today really really painfull le... so i dint stop just continue to push on,
about 500m near the end i can hear the music from the Ipoh padang, felt so happy but very painful to run, after make a last turning into the finishing point i saw wan li, then ronnie and the gang, so happy they cheering for me! felt like they giving me energy and encouragement, so kick in my nitro and run to the finish line!
My timing 2h19m31.25s and place 105,wow... so happy can finish my first 21km run! and get my first half marathon medal! Then we had photo session with running friends.

power girls/hot chicks
the guys

6 comments:

Keipo said...

Well done for your first half marathon !! Hope to see u first FULL marathon soon in future !! May be Singapore is nice for you !

fook said...

thanks mr. teh,
actually singapore marathon is my dream!

rowenne said...

i cannot see photo ahh...my company blocked the photo liaw....can send them to me?

my yahoo: rowenne78@yaoo.com.sg

Unknown said...

Hey man, you are great! I respect you kau kau! Definitely you will be near me in Penang run, if not even in front of me. Just be consistent in the next few weeks training and I suggest you take Seremban half as a preperation training race also. Take it easy and see you at KLCC

Anonymous said...

good luck sucker

blueameba said...

Congratulations for your run!
Also, congratulations for entering the 'theft car' :P