16 October 2006

Alibaba Run and Birthday Celebrations 15 Oct 2006

Thanks to everyone for the birthday celebrations, indeed this year is a special birthday for me! I am very happy... :)

2 laps
Grace= 24m 38s

6 laps
How= 1h 16m 08s
Fook= 1h 17m 39s

Thanks to my bro pace with me for the first 5 and half laps, without him i already give up, last half lap thanks to cc hoo who pace with me and give me advise on running marathon in singapore. Not forget all those volunteer who done great job organise the run.

We wake up at 6am prepare ourself and head to Lake garden, reach there about 6:45am. Most of the runners are there. After register we run 1 lap for warming up. Saw Grace and her sister doing warming up as well. As we finish the lap everyone was standing at the starting line to get started. Can hear Kelvin loud speaker count down 10,9... and 1 off we go!

The elite pack start off fast, we run following kelvin chow, before we know it, he and Sim smoke us and leave us behind... so we run behind cc hoo. It was mental battle for me coz the day before i had leg cramp and i scare to get it today. After 3 laps running slowly gain back confident, do not care will cramp or not, just want to finish the run... Until 4 lap cc hoo stop abit longer for drink while me move on. Most of the time my bro run with me. The final lap i ask him to go a head as my leg getting tired, then cc hoo catch up and run with him. We chat while running the remaining half lap.

After the run there is free flows of bananas and gatorade drinks. Then follow by the medals givings ceremony, Dk was the VIP present us with the medals. There was surprise birthday celebration for Oct birthday boys(PM1,5,40 and peter). Everyone sang English, Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia birthday songs. The cake was cut till about 40 pieces i guess... but in the end everyone was happy as they leaving, it was a well organise event and a great time for fellowships.

No comments: