05 August 2006

first 8 laps in klcc

today plan to do 8 laps to add to my milage,i felt i had not prepare well for half marathon even i had run 3 already, my knees hurt after crossing 13km mark, today saw dr jamie,lai fong san and sim at there too. thanks to ronnie pacing with me first 2 laps, 3rd lap he go pangsai, so discouraging, 4th lap after pangsai pacing with me again, 5th lap he go ahead as i had to slow down coz of knee pain, finish the rest lap by myself,half way talk with some jogger, even though knee hurt abit, but i determine to finish the 8 laps,some many times felt like giving up coz the devil inside me asking me to stop! i had to ignore it! 7th laps i try to slow down to so i can pia at last lap, at last lap increase my speed and at last 100m pia with all my turbo to the finishing line, so satisfie!

1st lap 7m54.42s~6m5s
2nd lap 7m36.64s~5m52s
3rd lap 7m46.00s~5m59s
4th lap 7m33.69s~5m48s
5th lap 8m26.82s~6m28s
6th lap 8m09.38s~6m15s
7th lap 9m45.99s~<7mins!!!
8th lap 7m35.94s~5m50s

total distance=10.4km
total= 1h4m48.88s
average pace=8m06.11s~6m15s
10k~1h2m30s

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fook,
I was glad to see you and few pm members to have the workout in KLCC yesterday. Come more often in future to practice average of 8-10 laps regularly and consistently there, I am sure you will have a lot of improvement in terms of endurance, speed and strong mentality to run. Maybe we can pace together too!
Well done! Finally you had the strong mind to complete your targeted 8 laps.
Hope to meet you in KLCC Park again.

fook said...

thanks lai,
u very encourage person to me,
u ran penang under 2 hours very encouraging,
:)of coz wa can pace togehter,
see u in klcc ya,
fook

Jamie Pang said...

well done! the first one is always difficult. once you've done it, it'll be much easier. keep it up! run consistent pace. klcc perfect to practice pacing.

fook said...

jamie,
u r rite,first one always hard,the second one easier!
fook

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »