01 August 2006

Penang Bridge Run

1:45am-only catch 1 hour sleep, then wake up to prepare myself, fetch my bro, fei and his girl friend to the car park near the bridge.

3am-reach there, still early so sit by the road side, chat with my bro, while looking at all those school boys and girls, half marathon start at 5:30am le...

4am-the full marathon start, cheering for those runners

5am-start to masuk kandang kambing, walk through housing area to the starting point.

5:30am-before reach the starting point already hear the starting sound went off, quickly press my watch timing, and start running at slow pace about 6:30mins/km with my bro. my bro had bad habits he like to over took people, i told him to slow down because the run still long, 22.3km not 10km like we run in pj half. the feeling so nice when reach the bridge, the air breeze... so cold... when near the middle of the bridge i keep looking to the other side of bridge for the full marathon runner. i saw mr. tey, i shout at him and wave at him... its fun when meet friends during the run... after the 1st water station feel want to pee, but where the hell to find tree on the bridge? so tahan until reach the 2nd water station,

about 1 hours 10 mins we reach the 2nd water station, pull out our power gel, tear, and suck it! then have 2 cups of drink. my bro go a head while i go find tree... know la cannot tahan lia... after release fast fast pick u speed and catch up with my bro. after the big u turn, its really challenging, road was incline and steer to the left, with no hill training, now i am suffering... knee also start to pain... about 13 km had to ask the nurse to give me some ice on my knee. my bro already pickup very far... i have to jog slowly and walk if pain...coz wan reserve for last run...

3rd water station, drink one bottle of mineral water, jog and walk, enjoy the sea breeze and scenery on the bridge, not everyday u can do this on penang bridge le! then jam myself with those student runners. all come jalan jalan one, there is one runner i very piss off, he wanted to over took me but he make stupid sound using his touge, something like 'shss' scare me, somemore he run very slow, after he over took me he was block by the student, so he make those f%*^ sound again, i so damn piss off, turn on my turbo and smoke him! feel so great after let him smell my a#$ ...

near last 2km meet up with my bro, he already puncit... haha... so i told him to walk with me, then last 1 km we jog la... last 1km jog slowly, but when knowing its near finishing line we run together, last 500m pia head to head with my bro to the finishing line,run with all my turbo!, we manage to overtook one runner before reach the finishing line. guess the runner must be piss off. we collect our medal and cert, without looking back we fast fast head to collect our goodies bag...meet up with ronnie and gangs. then saw Ah grace coming so chat with her, our timing 2hours 24mins 35s, this is my second blow out, coz the seremban half i did 2hours 30mins ++, worse than the ipoh half 2hours 19 mins, putra half must piat kau kau lat...

somemore Ah Grace improve very well her timing better than mine 2hours 17mins 10s!
kek hei ar...

3 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

not badlah. PBR always very challenging wan

Keipo said...

nice to meet u on the bridge..see u next race...putrajaya !!

fook said...

jamie,tey,
thank for ur encouragement!
all the best to u guys in future run also :)
fook